Inspired by the short film, `Caine’s Arcade,’ the Cardboard Challenge is a worldwide celebration of child creativity and the role communities can play in fostering it. Kids are challenged to create and build using cardboard, recycled materials and imagination. They come together to learn,share,inspire,build and play !
Why we do the Cardboard Challenge?
- engages children in creative play
- fosters creativity, ingenuity, resourcefulness, perseverance and teamwork
- gives children an opportunity to explore their interests and passions, and make things that have an impact on others
- provides a platform for communities to actively foster and celebrate child creativity
- increases happiness and makes for a happier, more playful world.
- is FUN!
What is creative play?
Creative Play is a process of play that results in the creation of an original artifact that a child has made. It begins with inspiration, and culminates in the sharing of a child’s creation in a meaningful public context. Creative Play engages a child’s creative faculties and helps to teach a number of 21st century skills. The Cardboard Challenge is a fun, playful and inspiring way to foster creativity in children through a simple process called Creative Play. Through this process, kids engage their imaginations and open up their minds to what’s possible – and then they turn their ideas into something real. Children learn to develop and test their own ideas, take chances, solve problems, get input from others and become better creative thinkers.
DATE: Next session during school holidays
AGE GROUP: 10yrs and above
COURSE FEE: Rs 1800, materials will be provided. Children can take their creations home. Pay to register. Pay by cash at MakersLoft from 11-7pm, Tuesday-Sunday.
VENUE: MakersLoft, 22 Ballygunge Park Road, Himadri West Wing, 1st Floor, Kolkata 700019
CONTACT: 6290126203 or email email@example.com