8 yrs above | Rs 7670/head | 10 Sessions | Maximum 2-3 students per batch | Learn the basics of wood working, to identify different kinds of wood, how to cut and join wood, using professional hand and power tools. How to give a professional finish a piece by sanding, polishing, applying paint/varnish etc. Participants will make a wooden object and take it back with them.
This course covers:
* Using Hand and Power Tools for cutting, joining, sanding and finishing wood projects
* Learn to saw, chisel, drill and sand wood.
* Types of Wood: ply, MDF, blockboard and how properties like hardness and grain affects its working.
* Different kinds of joints and when to use what
* Finishing Techniques: buffing, applying lacquer/varnish/paint etc.
TIME: Saturdays 11am – 7pm & Sundays 11am – 4pm.
DURATION: 10 Sessions of 2 hours each
FEE: Rs 7670/head. Pay by cheque or bank transfer
VENUE: MakersLoft, 22 Ballygunge Park Road, Himadri West Wing, 1st Floor, Kolkata 700019
Chairs below made at MakersLoft